CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. We are looking to recruit as soon as possible a:
Regional Security & Safeguarding Advisor (m/f/d) - AFWC
Main objective of the role:
Develops a regional security strategy based on headquarters and country information. Identifies risks and threats and develops systems of early warning flags. Coordinates with countries in the design, testing and communications of appropriate security and safety plans and programmes. Develops and documents regional emergency preparedness and disaster evacuation plans and programmes and provide appropriate support to all Countries’ Security Focal Points. The overall purpose for this position is to reduce the vulnerability of CBM staff, partners, the communities we work with and programs to the threats and risks present or arising in CBM International operating environments in the West and Central Africa (AFWC) region.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Ensure that AFWC regional and country offices have a Security Plan at all times that is regularly revised and updated;
- Ensure that the Safety & Security (S&S) Plans involves diversity and local characteristics of the different working locations;
- Ensure that S&S Plans and practices are inclusive of persons with disabilities and gender sensitive;
- Conduct periodic field security assessments in the different working locations and report with findings and recommendations on partners and CBM S&S related matters (travel, venues, transport, assets, etc.);
- Ensure that all Country Office (CO) staff in these countries obtains training in/ has clear understanding of/ and are compliant with the “S&S Plan”;
- Provide credible information and contextual analysis of security situations and incidents along with appropriate advice to Country Directors and Regional Hub Director;
- Support CBM COs and CBM partners to continuously build their safeguarding systems according to agreed safeguarding standards.
- Coach safeguarding and security focal persons both at CBM and Partners
- Support Health promotion initiatives at regional office and respective country offices.
We are looking for someone who has…
- 7 years senior leadership experience in security management in an INGO setting in the region
- Proven track record in conceptualizing, developing and implementing a S&S Plan in an inclusive manner
- Inclusiveness and a sound understanding of the importance of gender and disability in S&S;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capacity to remain calm under prolonged pressure;
- Ability to adapt to needs and balance demands of beneficiary and security actors while maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination;
- Unfailing to confidential and sensitive information during crisis, including in health, safety and security;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French
- Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel frequently within the region, including to less secure environments
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: March 15, 2020.
This is a 2 years Fixed Term Contract, with possible extension. This is a local position subject to local employment and immigration laws to be based in one out of our CBM´s offices in Ouagadougou/Burkina Faso; Niamey/Niger or Lomé/Togo.